You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-24 23:04:13

kelnoky

DVDstyler crashes when clicking on "Directory"

DVDstyler is a wonderfully simple program to create DVDs with. Sadly it stopped working for me, because I get this error message when I try to click on the directory button:

zsh/3 2056 % dvdstyler 

(dvdstyler:15837): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkMenuItem 
[NULL @ 0xb74b19b0]Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected 
dvdstyler: libavformat/avidec.c:1029: avi_read_seek: Assertion `st2->time_base.den == ast2->rate' failed. 
zsh: abort dvdstyler

If that's somehow unsolvable, can you recommend a simple way to create a dvd menu for my video files? I've converted 12 episode of a certain tv show into svcd format and now I just want a simple menu with one little button for each of those episode, nothing more. I tried a lot of programs today for that. Qdvdauthor crashes a lot as well, can't get anything done with that, mandvd seems to want to reencode my entire video set, which is not what I want and kdvdcreator is just weird.

I'd appreciate any solution to how I can create this darn dvd.

#2 2008-11-25 10:07:50

xaiviax

Re: DVDstyler crashes when clicking on "Directory"

I love dvdstyler and the last update broke it for me in the same way you describe.  It's been updated 2 weeks ago, the arch package has not reflected the most recent update yet however.  In the mean time, a work around that works for me, is to have no video files other than dvd formatted mpg's in the default directory or just never open that tab (you can click and drag or load videos with menu's).  Even though I'm fine with the workarounds, I would post a bug report, but am waiting for the arch update to see if it still exits.

#3 2008-11-25 10:11:55

xaiviax

Also, if that doesn't help you, DeVeDe will do what you want (simpler actually, will also convert avi files and such), it just doesn't have the ability to make nicer looking and more complicated menu's.

#4 2008-11-25 12:34:47

kelnoky

With no other video files than dvd mpg it doesnt work either. But now I just downgraded to 1.6.2 and it works. Ah well.

Board footer