You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-01 17:43:54

000krf

[SOLVED] OK, I'm Stupid! Can't Generate Playlists

I'm using mpd, with mpc, sonota and gmpc as my front ends. I'm able to generate a playlist of all my music, but I can't figure out how to generate playlists for different types of music. As an example, I have several Pipe Bands and other Celtic music that I would like to generate a playlist for. I'm guessing this has something to do with tags, but I can't figure out how to create them.

I have searched the forums, wiki and googled. But since I'm not really sure what I'm looking for it's hard to find the answers. roll

Thanks,

Kent

Last edited by 000krf (2008-12-01 20:53:46)

#2 2008-12-01 18:05:20

bgc1954

Re: [SOLVED] OK, I'm Stupid! Can't Generate Playlists

Just been playing around with mpd and sonata.  If you go to your Library and hold down the Ctrl key and left click on the songs you want and then right click on one of the highlighted songs and select Add+ it will put it in your Current tab--clear out your Current list first.  Then go to your Current tab and press Ctrl+A to highlight all the songs, then right click on the hightlighted songs and select Save List to-> New Playlist...  Then type a name for your playlist and save it.  Then when you go to your playlist tab, it will be there.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#3 2008-12-01 20:53:24

000krf

Thanks! Do you have a source for this information or did you just happen to figure it out on your own. I'd like to know if I wasn't looking in the correct place.

Kent

#4 2008-12-01 22:26:54

bgc1954

No, I didn't find it anywhere.  Like I said, I was just messing around with sonota--don't use playlists, usually, but now that I know how, I just might. lol

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Board footer