You are not logged in.

#26 2004-09-29 06:03:11

longhornxtreme

Re: How do you install Gnome thingies?

Do you have any idea where the CVS build is?  If there's a package i'll fire it up in a second but i really don't have the patience to go manually compiling and reading .docs and such... It's not listed on the arch website package list and a forum search came up with nil...

#27 2004-09-29 16:31:02

skoal
Website

longhornxtreme wrote:

Do you have any idea where the CVS build is?

Hmmm...

I went back to some prior posts (on another related XFCE topic) and read some threads.  I thought I got the package from the archlinux CVS repositories, but I was wrong.  Reading my own prior post, I apparently said that I got/compiled source from the XFCE website.  That thread is here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … ght=#32162

However, reading through that other thread a little further, I see that some arch guys were trying to put a pkgbuild together, but I don't know how far they got, or if successful.  That thread is here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=5118

* I checked the archlinux ftp and CVS servers, and nothing is to be found, unless hidden really well.  I remember grabbing the sources from the xfce website and used a prefix of "/tmp/xfce4" for the build.  Then, i tried it out for a while, and then wiped the temp directory clean.  In my humble opinion, you really won't see too much more with the CVS version than what you have now with 4.1.  However, in that first thread I gave above, I do talk about changes/additions I noticed in the current CVS version they had at the time.  So, that may interest you.

#28 2004-09-29 18:38:12

longhornxtreme

I appreciate it...   aggie  wink   I'm finishing up my last semester at UT right now...

#29 2004-09-30 07:16:49

skoal
Website

longhornxtreme wrote:

I appreciate it...   aggie  wink   I'm finishing up my last semester at UT right now...

lmao...

I kinda had a suspicion you were a "t-sip", with a nick like that.  Just wait til Thanksgiving...Coach Fran is really making improvements down here.  I guarantee you we'll only lose by 4 touchdowns or less this year.

Best of luck to ya, and early congrats with graduation.  The job market is really tough for engineers in Texas right now.  If you want, come on down here to "enemy territory" and go to grad school.  If you're 6'3" and weigh 250+, we'll strap a uniform on ya and put you in at right guard.  We could use the help...

#30 2004-09-30 07:21:37

longhornxtreme

Sorry to hear about the job market for engineers... (i'm a biologist)  and unfortunately I'm not big enough to play football even for D2 teams... 5'9 175... 

I think Fran is great... I just think ya'lls main problem is sheer lack of talent due to Slocum's AWFUL recruiting these past few years...  don't worry... UT will be in the same boat in about 4 seasons I believe...  Mack Brown's on his dieing years....

#31 2004-10-04 09:49:32

skoal
Website

longhorn, this may be of interest to you, or you may just want to wait...

check out this thread:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=7215

#32 2004-10-04 10:12:57

longhornxtreme

Thanks for the hat tip...  I'll check it out sometime... I'm taking my DAT on tues morning so fiddling around with linux is kinda out of the picture till tues night....

Board footer