You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-02 13:35:00

christooss

Sound cracking and other (Pulseaudio) problems

I have pulseaudio installed and sound is all crackling in some aplications. In ekiga when I try echo test when instructions are read sound is good but when it starts actual test it becomes unbarable. I cannot recall if these problems were present before pulseaudio installation.

In open arena the sound is cracking from the start but its still berable. In Windows there arent any problems with this. I have created openaltc as stated in Pulse howto and there is no changes with either options (esd or alsa)

Sounds in movies (gnome-mplayer) and firefox (flash) are great.

BTW I cannot test mic in gnome sound recorder cause of the two errors: Could not negotiate format and than Could not get/set settings from/on resourse

Last edited by christooss (2008-12-02 13:37:46)

#2 2008-12-04 01:43:43

LTSmash
Website

Re: Sound cracking and other (Pulseaudio) problems

christooss wrote:

I have pulseaudio installed and sound is all crackling in some aplications. In ekiga when I try echo test when instructions are read sound is good but when it starts actual test it becomes unbarable. I cannot recall if these problems were present before pulseaudio installation.

In open arena the sound is cracking from the start but its still berable. In Windows there arent any problems with this. I have created openaltc as stated in Pulse howto and there is no changes with either options (esd or alsa)

BTW I cannot test mic in gnome sound recorder cause of the two errors: Could not negotiate format and than Could not get/set settings from/on resourse

Why don't you try to install OSSv4? It has WAY better sound than ALSA, and uses lot less CPU:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OSS

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

#3 2008-12-04 05:28:24

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Sound cracking and other (Pulseaudio) problems

LTSmash wrote:
christooss wrote:

Why don't you try to install OSSv4? It has WAY better sound than ALSA, and uses lot less CPU:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OSS

Ekiga doesn't work with OSSv4.

Board footer