You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-04 23:01:04

onesandzeros

corrupted, mangled fonts (not a locale problem)

Hello all,

Have any of you seen anything like this:

distortion2bg8.png

It always seems to happen when I open KeePassX, although in 7 or 8 years of using Linux, I've never seen a problem like this dependent on an app before.  After closing KeePassX, the fonts gradually clear up, as I refresh window contents, etc etc.  The fonts in Firefox's menu bar will corrupt, but the fonts in a web page will not.  I've reinstalled the font (ttf-dejavu) and several libraries, just in case.  I don't think that it's a problem with the video card overheating--the fan works and is clear of dust, and the system can be up for minutes or weeks and this will come and go.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

#2 2008-12-05 04:36:05

AaronJ

Re: corrupted, mangled fonts (not a locale problem)

I would just uninstall keepass.

I used to use it man, but then I found a better way for me:
Create an extremely long and complex password.  Write it down.  Use it for something until you can remember it without looking at what you wrote down.

Use bits and pieces of that password for other passwords (every other letter, the first 10 letters, seperate words in there)
it should be easy to remember passwords then.

#3 2008-12-05 07:19:03

Plutonian

I'm having a similar problem on Xfce, I don't use KeePassX, but the fonts in Firefox and the Xfce Terminal will occasionally start to look like this. It'll clear up if I reload the terminal text, or restart either app, but then it comes back later. It started happening with the new Xorg update.

#4 2008-12-05 21:31:31

jab

Maybe this'll help?
I too am having the trouble with mangled fonts though it's not every font. Seems to really be a problem with the terminus font.
For me the problem popped up after the latest xorg update and the update to the nvidia-96xx drivers.

The following post seems related to my issue but it seems to be caused by the new update to the nvidia driver:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=60213

I'll be switching to the nv driver later.

Board footer