You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-29 14:02:09

Army

How can I do pairing with my mobile phone with bluez from [testing]?

Greetz you ladies and guys

I'm on [testing] right now (because of the fun wink ) and bought a phone these days with bluetooth support. I would love to use bluetooth for loading files onto it, because there was no cable with it and don't wanna buy one, because that's pretty boring, plug it in and everything just works. I guess you know what I'm talking about, Linux shall be a game smile

Anyhow, I really don't know, how to pair the phone and the laptop, because bluez from [testing] doesn't include passkey-agent anymore and there is no /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf anymore, so where do I have to put the password in? Is that a package bug or do I have to look for another way? The oracle doesn't show me an answer, so I'll need your help with this sad

Thanks for any idea

#2 2008-10-29 17:03:46

baze

Re: How can I do pairing with my mobile phone with bluez from [testing]?

bluez-gnome in testing is too old. and gvfs 1.0.2 isn't working with the bluez 4.x api either.
the best working solution is grabbing the bluez-gnome pkgbuild and update it to the latest version and build gvfs from svn, which works with bluez 4.x

however, bluetooth-sendto is still not moved over to the 4.x api, so sending files to the phone doesn't work with that yet.

#3 2008-10-29 18:53:36

blasse

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11502?pr … &pagenum=2

btw. Are you sure, that gvfs 1.02 doesn't work with bluez 4.x?

Last edited by blasse (2008-10-29 18:57:56)

Proud ex-maintainer of firefox-pgo

#4 2008-10-29 20:16:15

Army

@ baze, that's exactly what I found out some minutes ago. bluez-gnome in [testing] didn't work together with bluez. But I compiled the latest version (no big deal, every Arch user can do it) and this works together with bluez. But bluez from [testing] is outdated as well, it is 4.1, but latest is 4.17 ... I find that a bit strange.

Whatever, I really like this bluez from [testing], tried out bluez-utils from [extra], but with this obexftp doesn't work with my K610i, with the one from [testing] it runs quite well.

@ blasse: Seems like I'm a little blind today, I searched for "bluez" in the bug tracker, but seems like this was the wrong keyword wink

But still, I needed this GUI tool to get pairing to work, but is there no posibility to do this with a commandline anymore?

And I do have one last question, because I really don't get it: Where does bluez save its data about paired devices? Seems like it's not in the home folder, so, where is it?

Greetz

#5 2008-10-29 20:25:06

baze

blasse wrote:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11502?pr … &pagenum=2

btw. Are you sure, that gvfs 1.02 doesn't work with bluez 4.x?

yes, i use gvfs from svn currently, which works. just to see if 1.0.2 would work (although i looked at the svn changelogs for that version and trunk, so i knew already), i installed that version, killed all gvfs processes and tried again and got the same error i got previous to the api fixage in trunk.

so yes, 1.0.2 isn't fixed for 4.x, trunk is.

oh and btw, obex-data-server needs to be built without --enable-system-config aswell, or else it can't be started as a normal user, which is essential for gvfs browsing obex devices. don't know why that flag is set in the arch package explicitely anyway, as it only breaks the package that way.

Last edited by baze (2008-10-29 20:27:19)

#6 2008-10-30 12:38:41

blasse

Have you got working PKGBUILD for gvfs-svn? You could post it here or on AUR for wider use for people who want to use bluez 4.x smile

#7 2008-10-30 17:36:48

baze

blasse wrote:

Have you got working PKGBUILD for gvfs-svn? You could post it here or on AUR for wider use for people who want to use bluez 4.x smile

gvfs-svn builds up to r2068, newer revisions reuire glib >=2.19.1, so that's the last version i built and which is what i use without problems atm.

PKGBUILD

pkgname=gvfs-svn
pkgver=2068
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Userspace virtual filesystem implemented as a pluggable module for gio"
arch=(i686 x86_64)
license=('LGPL')
depends=('libsoup>=2.4.1' 'libcdio>=0.80-2' 'fuse>=2.7.3' 'bluez>=4.1' 'smbclient>=3.0.31' 'libgphoto2>=2.4.2' 'gnome-keyring>=2.22.3' 'avahi>=0.6.23' 'libarchive>=2.5.5')
makedepends=('perlxml' 'pkgconfig' 'subversion')
url="http://www.gnome.org"
install=gvfs.install
options=(!libtool)
source=()
conflicts=('gvfs')
provides=('gvfs=1.0.2')

_svnmod=gvfs
_svntrunk=svn://svn.gnome.org/svn/${_svnmod}/trunk/

build() {
cd $startdir/src

msg "Updating from SVN"
 svn co $_svntrunk -r $pkgver $_svnmod || return 1
msg "SVN checkout done."

msg "Starting make..."
 rm -rf  $startdir/src/$_svnmod-build
 svn export ./$_svnmod ./$_svnmod-build
 cd ./$_svnmod-build
  ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
              --localstatedir=/var --disable-static \
          --libexecdir=/usr/lib/gvfs || return 1
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=${startdir}/pkg install || return 1
}

gvfs.install

post_install() {
  cat << _EOF
==> 
==> GVFS requires FUSE to operate correctly
==>
==> To make full use of GVFS, please load the "fuse" kernel module at bootup.
==> To do so, add 'fuse' to the MODULES array in /etc/rc.conf
==>
==> Without this module, GVFS will not be compatible with applications that
==> are not GIO-enabled.
==>
_EOF

}

#8 2008-10-30 22:04:52

blasse

Thx a lot smile

#9 2008-12-07 18:10:43

sm4tik
Website

Quoting Army

Army wrote:

But still, I needed this GUI tool to get pairing to work, but is there no posibility to do this with a commandline anymore?

I updated my phone's firmware and am not able to connect due to a pin or passkey (whatever you call it) problem. I don't seem to find a solution for this, atleast without a GUI, any ideas?

Thanks,
Sakari

#10 2008-12-07 19:48:37

Army

So did you try it with the bluetooth stuff from [testing] ? If so and it doesn't work, I have no idea, because that's the only way I found to do it

#11 2008-12-07 21:30:03

sm4tik
Website

Army wrote:

So did you try it with the bluetooth stuff from [testing] ? If so and it doesn't work, I have no idea, because that's the only way I found to do it

If I wasn't using [testing], I'd still have passkey-agent around.. but that's the price one has to pay, I guess.. Still no luck, I couldn't even get bluez-gnome working tha way I think it's supposed to and now I even have trouble finding my computer with my phone. I found it once, but lost it a moment later. A bit too frustrating for me atm.
I guess I'll check if udev accepts some dope rules now so I can use it as non-root. That was the actual reason for switching to bt a while back.
Well, next time I know what not to buy when it comes to mobile phones wink

But still, if anyone finds a commandline solution for the passkey problem, please let me know! ..one heck of an annoyance and even mr.Google is speachless..
Cheers.

Board footer