You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-08 13:21:12

Zom

Automounting not working correcty in thunar.

I'm running Gnome and have replaced the filemanager with thunar and e17 as the window-manger. I noticed this after the upgrade to the latest Xorg, but it might not be related. After I plug my vfat USB stick into the computer and mount it from the panel it's writeable, but as soon as I browse it in thunar it becomes read-only. That's how I first noticed it. The real problem is that it becomes read-only after about 10-15 seconds after mounting for some reason.

mount shows it mounted with rw, I've also tried mounting it manually but same. I don't have it in my fstab. It's really annoying and I have a hunch that says it's hal related. I could try editing this file:
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi

I'll do some more tests later, but for now I wonder if someone else has the same kind of problems. This is for both my laptop and my workstation, running x86 and x86_64, so it's system independant.

If anybody has an idea what it could be I'd be very grateful. What confuses me is why it switches from read-write to read-only after a while, since that should be set at mount. Mount still shows it as rw, even after I get erros that the file-system is in read-only. I don't have any hardware switch to make it read-only, as some devices have, so it can't be that.

Board footer