You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-09 16:58:57

Flasher

KDE Phonon sound problem

Hello!

I'm using KDE 4.1 with some video and audio applications like amarok. I have to sound devices:
1. Onboard sound card
2. USB Headset (Sennheiser)

Both sound devices are detected and configurable in alsamixer and Kmix. I demute both devices. The onboard soundcard works perfectly, I here the sound all the time, but the USB headset isn't functional. I only here the kde login sound through the headset, but amarok for example makes the sound output through the onboard soundcard.

In "System Settings" (KDE 4.1) in the category "sound" I changed the device preference. The USB headset is now at the top on all categories like "music". But it doesn't help. All sound output is played with the onboard sound.

My user "andreas" is in the groups audio and video:

video:x:91:andreas
audio::92:andreas

It looks like the output preference in kde 4.1 isn't functional.

Has anybody maybe a hint for me?

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,

Flasher

#2 2008-12-09 19:53:53

Inkaine

Re: KDE Phonon sound problem

Servus wink

I guess you're using amarok from extra repository and not amarok2? Then the answer is rather simple sadly - it doesn't make use of phonon because it's still a KDE3 app. It uses what had previously been configured as your primary sound output device. You can probably fix that with manually fiddling some files in .kde directory (don't ask me which ^^).

If you are on Amarok2 already, then no clue, sorry. On a sidenote: I'm not fully happy with phonon as I'm not even able to get sound out through two devices simultanously (SPDIF and regular speakers) as worked on KDE3. It's only working with kaffeine for me still (like amarok a KDE3 app still).

#3 2008-12-09 20:00:11

Flasher

Servus wink

Yes I'm using Amarok1 (KDE3 version). Amarok2 didn't scan my music folders (maybe bug in release candidate). I didn't know that every multimedia application have to use the phonom lib to distribute the sound over the output devices.

Merci dir big_smile

#4 2008-12-09 20:06:22

Flasher

Feedback: I tested it with dragon player (kde4 app). It works like I configured it in System Settings.

Board footer