You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-02 07:43:23

iBertus

Whole screen graphics corruption when dragging links from firefox.

So, I fixed my Xorg loading problems and now have a new one. Whenever I drag and drop certain types of objects I get fullscreen graphic corruption that flickers in time with my mouse movements. This is happening in firefox when dragging links and also in f-spot when dragging the loupe around an image.

I've tried both the nvidia driver from [extra] and the beta drivers. No change.

#2 2008-12-02 11:46:21

babypuncher
Website

Re: Whole screen graphics corruption when dragging links from firefox.

I'm getting something similar on just about every mouse movement... Lovely

#3 2008-12-02 12:07:47

babypuncher
Website

+1

Using the sis driver, btw. Switching to vesa removes the flicker, but destroys font smoothing.

#4 2008-12-04 12:56:51

iBertus

I used my laptop some today and noticed that it's not having this problem with the same driver version as my desktop is using. This also seems to happen with both the new and old xorg on the desktop. I'm starting to think that my specific issue is related to the new glyph caching on newer nvidia cards being enabled by default. I'll play around with settings later and see if I can figure it out.

#5 2008-12-11 22:27:57

iBertus

Alright, so I've tracked this down to a bug with nvidia's powermizer feature. If the card is throttled down to the lowest level then the corruption occurs. Nobody seems to have a solution other than the hackish running of a script in the background that keeps the card at the highest power level.

Anybody know of a way to kill PowerMizer while using drivers that work with the newest Xorg and a GTX280 card?

Board footer