You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-14 21:10:54

Zibi1981

Some major issues with data storage in OpenOffice.org Draw

OpenOffice.org is recently really pissing me off mad I have the most recent version - 3.0 - and constantly there's something going really wrong with it. First I had some major issues with editing a presentation in Impress, and now Draw made me furious mad
I'm preparing a really important article with some drawings and tables in it, so I decided to use aforementioned part of the OpenOffice.org package. I created some tables with a content and then saved them in .odg format. Everything was quite O.K. until I decided to open them just to find out that most of the data I've entered disappeared!!! The tables were on there places but I lost text. Hours of my work have been wasted!!! mad Below is an example (file opened under Windows, but that doesn't matter as it's the same issue in Arch)

d650a7f2ff332680m.jpg

WTF??? Should I spend some money on MS Office to have my data stored safely? The only thing I was able to find on this topic was this, but no solution available.

Anyone??? roll

Last edited by Zibi1981 (2008-12-14 21:34:24)

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#2 2008-12-14 21:15:40

Ranguvar

Re: Some major issues with data storage in OpenOffice.org Draw

I've never had that happen to me... I suggest filing a bug report: http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling … ssues.html

Does this issue occur predictably, every time? How about with alternatives to openOffice, like Go-OO?

#3 2008-12-14 21:33:52

Zibi1981

Re: Some major issues with data storage in OpenOffice.org Draw

I've found that this problem occurs when trying to save the file in .odg format, but not in .sda (StarDraw 5.0), but the latter cannot be edited afterwards...
Never have used Go-OO so can't say if it happens there.

Last edited by Zibi1981 (2008-12-14 21:34:07)

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

Board footer