You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-14 21:05:24

sDoky

QT no text trouble

Hi fellas, I have been experiencing some sort of a difficulty with few applications, for example k3b and openoffice. I am not 100% sure with ooo but k3b is definetely qt app, so as you can see thete's no text anywhere, when I go with my myouse over a button or so, it just flashes for, I don't know, maybe for a 1/10 of a second and dissappears. see screenshot... can anyone please tell me what the hell is this? it really pisses me off with ooo, I can live without k3b but ooo is one of my essential application sets on my pc.

Thanks in advance

scqr1.th.png

Linux!

#2 2008-12-14 21:16:17

pointone
Wiki Admin

Re: QT no text trouble

OOo is a GTK app. k3b is still Qt 3.

Looks to me like a theme-related problem. Try using a different GTK theme just for kicks.

M*cr*s*ft: Who needs quality when you have marketing?

#3 2008-12-14 21:47:39

sDoky

No, that's not it. there is a white square in the top left-hand corner of the screen now, although I have done nothing... Well I tried installing truetype fonts, it did not work, however I gave it a shot... And now I have discovered the same problem in mplayer, when I try to add something to the playlist there is no text with newly opened items, when I scroll down and up the labels appear, it looks like an overlay or redraw issue to me.

pointone wrote:

OOo is a GTK app. k3b is still Qt 3.

Looks to me like a theme-related problem. Try using a different GTK theme just for kicks.

Last edited by sDoky (2008-12-14 21:48:17)

Linux!

#4 2008-12-15 16:21:23

sDoky

Problem solved, I've found that it was compositioning manger problem, because when I switched from CompizFusion back to Metacity, everything was just OK. So I tried installing new nvidia driver (the *.run installer, not the pacman package). And it works! Thanks anyway.

Linux!

Board footer