You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-15 00:36:47

skippy

avidemux package

i have attempted to download "avidemux" package.  pacman says everything went fine, no dependencies were listed, no additional packages downloaded. Avidemux program won't open.  Repeated several times without success.  Checked dependencies listed with package and found several that were not installed my system.  Downloaded dependencies individually, tried to reinstall avidemux, no joy!  tried to use aur version "avidemux-svn", have all listed dependencies.  Get the usual stupid quote about administrator blah blah blah, it fails to take root password, and won't install. Any help would be appreciated.  thanks in advance.

#2 2008-12-15 00:41:23

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: avidemux package

skippy wrote:

i have attempted to download "avidemux" package.  pacman says everything went fine, no dependencies were listed, no additional packages downloaded. Avidemux program won't open.  Repeated several times without success.  Checked dependencies listed with package and found several that were not installed my system.  Downloaded dependencies individually, tried to reinstall avidemux, no joy!  tried to use aur version "avidemux-svn", have all listed dependencies.  Get the usual stupid quote about administrator blah blah blah, it fails to take root password, and won't install. Any help would be appreciated.  thanks in advance.

For the first part, download the package from the regular repos, then try to start it from a terminal. That will tell you what's missing and/or wrong.

For the second part, what "stupid quote" are you getting?

#3 2008-12-15 21:37:44

skippy

I did download from the regular repos. I did attempt to start the program from a terminal window. I got nada, zip, nothing!

Snip< bash:  avidemux: command not found >snip

The Quote: " We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things...
#1. respect the privacy of others
#2. think before you type
#3. with great power comes great responsibility

password:"

Last edited by skippy (2008-12-15 21:43:48)

#4 2008-12-15 21:56:24

bgc1954

You won't get anything running with avidemux command in cli. hmm  Try avidemux2_gtk or avidemux2_cli.  Don't know why they--I mean original developer-- name things like this sometimes.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#5 2008-12-15 22:07:44

skottish
Forum Fellow

skippy wrote:

The Quote: " We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things...
#1. respect the privacy of others
#2. think before you type
#3. with great power comes great responsibility

password:"

Oh yes, of course. I forgot about that. I'm fully logged into root when I fiddling.

What bgc1954 said is something else that I forgot about. When I need avidemux, I build it from subversion. My multimedia setup is too different to run the repo version.

#6 2008-12-15 22:51:28

skippy

Merci beaucoup!!!

Board footer