You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-20 00:38:47

Respen

shfsmount: shfs filesystem not supported by the kernel

I installed the shfs package through pacman, and there is a sshd running on the server.  However, once I enter the command

shfsmount -P<port#> <user>@<server>:/var/www ~/websites/<server_name>/

(with the values in <> replaced by the appropriate values of course), I am able to enter the user's password and then the following error shows:

shfsmount: shfs filesystem not supported by the kernel

I have done some web/forum searching and have not found anything that helps.  I have tried to build the shfs package through abs, but it seems to use an older kernel version (2.6.22) than I have (2.6.27) and the makepkg command errors out with a location-not-found type of error.

I would like to know if there is something in the abs files I need to change for it to use the correct kernel for building, or whether there is a way to get the repository package to work.

I look forward to your responses, and thanks for your time.

#2 2008-12-20 01:05:44

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: shfsmount: shfs filesystem not supported by the kernel

try loading the fuse module (modprobe fuse).

#3 2008-12-20 01:46:04

Hrod beraht

If not having loaded the fuse module is your problem, note that you can also put fuse into the module-list of /etc/rc.conf to auto-load at boot. See sshfs wiki article.

Bob

Last edited by Hrod beraht (2008-12-20 01:49:22)

#4 2008-12-20 04:28:31

Respen

Well, using the sshfs method did work.  However, shfsmount still returns the same error.  When I installed sshfs, it also pulled in fuse, but doing

modprobe fuse

does not change anything that I can see.  Is sshfs the same as shfs?  They seem to be two different packages.

Also, I am using Xfce with Thunar as my file browser.  When I do the sshfs method outlined in the wiki link above (which does work), Thundar acts like the folder where the mounted stuff is does not exist.  When I hit refresh, the <server> folder will show up for a second, then dissapear.  When I go through a text editor and open a file from there, the file opener can see the folder with no problems.  I can look around in there with the terminal as well.  Is there a way I can get Thunar to view that folder?

Board footer