You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-17 19:39:47

Exitium

Using keyboard's extra-buttons while playing (HELP!)

I have Razer DeathAdder mouse and Logitech G15 keyboard (old version) wich consists extra-buttons. Both of them work well on (Arch) Linux, but today I noticed one little problem...

I want to change my mouse's sensitivity on-the-fly, but it seemed to be hard to do it like in Windows (mouse's second sidebutton down and scroll the wheel up/down). So I put 6 different sensitivity degrees on my keyboard's extra-buttons using xbindkeys and xset. It is working well while I'm on desktop. But when I start to play a NATIVE Linux game like Nexuiz, those extra-buttons doesn't respond. When back on desktop, they work again. I also noticed that changing volume or track on Amarok (I'm using my keyboard while doing it, using xbindkeys fuctions aswell) didn't work on Nexuiz either. I just noticed that because I do not listen to music while gaming. But I remember that changing volume did work while playing WC3 via Wine. So the problem is on native games.

How to fix that (=using xbindkeys' fuctions on native Linux games)? I want to change mouse's sensitivity on-the-fly while I play.

Last edited by Exitium (2008-12-18 12:46:22)

#2 2008-12-21 15:02:18

iggy

Re: Using keyboard's extra-buttons while playing (HELP!)

native games are prevent xbindkeys etc. to work! you have to use a solution, that is working "lower" than X. that is why i'm using esekeyd. it works without x and so it catches pressed buttons before x. try it...

sorry for my bad english smile

Board footer