You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-15 09:59:42

siodine

[SOLVED] Intel PRO 4965 AGN - slow downloads/unable to connect

I've been having this problem with all the latest distros I've tried. I first tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 RC on my laptop. Then when I tried to connect to my 2wire router all the connections in the house were terminated while the laptop continually tried to connect with no result. In Kubuntu, knetworkmanager froze at 28% while the systray icon kept spinning and again all my other desktop connection's were terminated.

So, then I installed arch and had no driver recognition problems. But the problem is still there, only now I get a timeout error in the CLI instead of a perpetual connection attempt. Another weird thing is that using "iwlist wlan0 scan" will also disconnect my desktop's connection, but only if my router is listed under it. Also when using iwlist scan the first time I'll be able to see all my neighbor's routers and mine but immediately after I can only pick a few of them up for a short time.

Edit: In Vista everything works fine.

Last edited by siodine (2008-12-23 09:33:21)

#2 2007-10-15 13:05:34

mrunion
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Intel PRO 4965 AGN - slow downloads/unable to connect

I'm having some problems with the 4965 on my DV9000.  I usually have to do an "iwlist scan" before trying to connect to anything with wlan0.  Once I do the scan I have always been able to connect.  I'm using the "network-profiles" approach because I connect in different places.  One thing that I still can't get working is WPA.  There's only one place I try to use WPA and that's at the office.  They use an Apple Airport Extreme.  I don't know if it;s the fact that the access point is an Airport and I'm doing something wrong, or the fact that WPA may not be working on my lappy.  It doesn't work though.  (Oh, I use wpa_aupplicant for WPA stuff.)

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#3 2008-12-23 09:30:50

siodine

Re: [SOLVED] Intel PRO 4965 AGN - slow downloads/unable to connect

I still have this problem with the latest arch and updates, but http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download has fixed the problem.

Last edited by siodine (2008-12-23 09:31:33)

Board footer