You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-23 14:33:58

whaler

Desktop back to default look, again...

Booting my system today, I was again met with an almost empty panel, a default(?) desktop background picture and my favourite programs gone from Kmenu (or whatever its English name is). So I got to spend the next half hour getting things back in place. This is the third or fourth time this happens over the last couple months and it's becoming tedious... This is with AMD Athlon64 and KDE4.x. I did not upgrade or install anything new during the last uptime. The only thing out of the ordinary I can think of, is that used Krusader root-mode to move a lot of files back and forth between my Arch /home partition and my Bluewhite64 /home partition. Given that I have no clue as to what/how my desktop settings are getting thrashed, take this jus as a FYI.

#2 2008-12-23 18:33:52

mutlu_inek

Re: Desktop back to default look, again...

The kickoff settings are in ~/.kde4/share/config/kickoffrc

If you really moved the hidden ~/.kde4 directory, you probably lost lots of other settings, too. You should really be careful, since you can lose all your contacts from kaddressbook, your emails from kmail, and many other precious things.

#3 2008-12-27 00:54:27

whaler

Re: Desktop back to default look, again...

I agree. I should have been more specific. I did not move any files from/to the /home or /home/foo directories as such, but between /home/foo/bar/...etc directories on the respective partitions. No user config files were touched or moved during the operations as far as I know.

Board footer