You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-28 08:58:34

savager1

thanks for Archlinux and the community.

Hello,

I just wanted to express my happiness towards Archlinux and it's community. I was searching for a distro that I could use to build on and Archlinux was the answer. I installed the base system and I am slowly getting everything running. I installed the core system from the core CD of course, then installed openbox. So, I now have a quick booting and very lightweight distro. I also run a openSUSE 11 Desktop PC which runs all my everyday stuff, my aim is to get all the applications that I run everyday. I probably won't desert my openSUSE disro as there is no harm in running both distros. I am about half way there. I am even running good 'ol Quakeworld (yes, the original. google 'ezquake'). I am going to try to get video/mp3 working now and then wine and TF2. Well, I would like to somehow give something back to the Linux community. I guess, unless I missed it there is no HCL (Hardware Compatibility List). So, I guess I will go ahead, please let me know or feel free to move this to another part of the forum.

I am running a ASUS A8JM notebook, which has a Nvidia 7600GT (512Mb) video card, 2Gb RAM, 1.83Ghz Intel CPU.

uname -a:
Linux myhost 2.6.27-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 21 09:31:10 UTC 2008 i686 Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I guess thats about it for me now.

Thanks

#2 2008-12-28 09:10:54

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: thanks for Archlinux and the community.

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Board footer