You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-04 19:22:45

jose1711

custom kernel compilation (multiple kernel packages)

hello dear archers,

due to finding a regression in kernel i want to make a kernel package that would exist alongside the stock 2.6 kernel [core]. so i followed this wikipage http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ker … n_with_ABS, used the PKGBUILD listed but in the end i always get

INSTALL /home/jose/tarballs/pacman/kernel-custom/pkg/lib/firmware/cpia2/stv0672_vp4.bin
  DEPMOD  2.6.27.1-01-01-ARCH
cp: it's not possible to stat() `arch/i686/boot/bzImage': File or directory does not exist
cp: it's not possible to stat() `arch/i686/Makefile': File or directory does not exist
cp: it's not possible to stat() `arch/i686/kernel/asm-offsets.s': File or directory does not exist
PKGBUILD: line 220: cd: /home/jose/tarballs/pacman/kernel-custom/pkg/lib/modules/2.6.27.1-01: File or directory does not exist

anybody has a clue what could be wrong?

thank you,

jose

#2 2008-12-28 15:10:40

imrehg
Website

Re: custom kernel compilation (multiple kernel packages)

Hi,

If you check, there's no i686 arch(itecture), only x86. The wiki is totally not up-to-date with this, and shouldn't follow it word by word... So your PKGBUILD should refer to arch/x86/...

If you want to make your own kernel, maybe you can check instead another kernel package on AUR, or the stock kernel pacakage's PKGBUILD. That you can get using abs (might have to install it first):
<code>
sudo abs core/kernel26
</code>
which downloads the kernel package to the /var/abs/core/kernel26 directory.

You can copy that to another place, or edit as root (probably less recommended), like replacing the "config".

There's one problem to take into account: if your kernel produces the firmware data as well, you might want to delete the firmware directory instead of including in your package, because it would stop your package from installing (due to conflict with the stock kernel).

Good luck! smile

#3 2008-12-28 17:44:08

big_gie

Re: custom kernel compilation (multiple kernel packages)

Board footer