You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-28 21:23:11

xintron
Website

awesome WM and fullscreen games

I don't play games very often, but it happens from time to time and I thought I should try and solve this problem I've noticed when exiting fullscreen games and return to awesome it seems that awesome "restarts" itself which means that my sys-tray icons disappear. Is there a way to get these icons "back" or even better, prevent this from happening?

#2 2008-12-28 22:03:16

gotsomeideas

Re: awesome WM and fullscreen games

Is it one particular game or all games you play in fullscreen? Are you just using the default awesome systray widget?

I checked to see if anything similar happened to me after exiting openarena in fullscreen (the only game I have installed) and I didn't notice awesome restarting or anything happening to the systray. Also, when I try restarting awesome manually (Mod4 + Ctrl + r), my systray just reappears with the same icons. Do your icons disappear when you do that?

#3 2008-12-28 23:56:10

xintron
Website

I forgot to mention that it's the wine-systray icons disappearing, doesn't matter if I play fullscreen-wine-games or native games, the winesystray icons still disappears.

#4 2008-12-31 07:19:42

Intrepid

That is very odd.  I play wine games all the time as well as native, and I have no such problem.  In fact, Awesome behaves better than other tiling managers like Xmonad.

Intrepid (adj.): Resolutely courageous; fearless.

Board footer