You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-30 22:51:18

playdafunkimuzic

[SOLVED] QuodLibet Errors Doesn't Open

Clicking the shortcut doesn nothing, running from terminal:

Initializing audio backend (gstbe)
Initializing main library (~/.quodlibet/songs)
Supported formats: mp3, mp4, mpc, spc, trueaudio, wav, wavpack, wma, xiph
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/__init__.py:114: DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  try: return old_import(module, *args, **kwargs)
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/__init__.py:114: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/quodlibet", line 274, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/quodlibet", line 57, in main
    window = widgets.init(player, library)
  File "/build/pkg/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/widgets.py", line 91, in init
  File "/build/pkg/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/qltk/quodlibetwindow.py", line 252, in __init__
  File "/build/pkg/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/browsers/filesystem.py", line 112, in restore
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ConfigParser.py", line 321, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'filesystem' in section: 'browsers'

any ideas? =/

Last edited by playdafunkimuzic (2008-12-31 19:06:20)

#2 2008-12-31 00:11:05

playdafunkimuzic

Re: [SOLVED] QuodLibet Errors Doesn't Open

any ideas?

#3 2008-12-31 00:36:22

kludge

you seem to be missing a 'filesystem' definition in the 'browsers' section of your config file.

it's all right there in the last line of the traceback.

btw, bumping a thread is bad form.  bumping it just two hours after you posted it is very bad form indeed.

Last edited by kludge (2008-12-31 00:37:46)

[23:00:16]    dr_kludge | i want to invent an olfactory human-computer interface, integrate it into the web standards, then produce my own forked browser.
[23:00:32]    dr_kludge | can you guess what i'd call it?
[23:01:16]    dr_kludge | nosilla.
[23:01:32]    dr_kludge | i really should be going to bed.  i'm giggling madly about that.

#4 2008-12-31 01:10:01

playdafunkimuzic

If I run as root it comes up looking very 'old fashioned-gnome like' and I get this error message(s):

Initializing audio backend (gstbe)
Initializing main library (~/.quodlibet/songs)
Supported formats: mp3, mp4, mpc, spc, trueaudio, wav, wavpack, wma, xiph
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/__init__.py:114: DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/__init__.py:114: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead

(quodlibet:9175): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
None of the authentication protocols specified are supported.
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/qltk/info.py:105: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_get_clipboard: assertion `gtk_widget_has_screen (widget)' failed
  self.set_markup(text)
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/quodlibet/qltk/info.py:105: GtkWarning: gtk_clipboard_get_owner: assertion `clipboard != NULL' failed
  self.set_markup(text)

#5 2008-12-31 03:18:10

kludge

funki,

that error message contains something like six different suggestions to fix the error.  have you tried any of them?  you don't give any indication in yr posts that yr actually trying to fix anything on your own.  if you are, i apologize for presuming.  if you aren't, i'd say you should exhaust all your other options (wiki, google, upstream forums, wiki, etc.) before posting any more error logs.

good luck!

[23:00:16]    dr_kludge | i want to invent an olfactory human-computer interface, integrate it into the web standards, then produce my own forked browser.
[23:01:32]    dr_kludge | i really should be going to bed.  i'm giggling madly about that.

#6 2008-12-31 03:21:57

playdafunkimuzic

i'm not quite sure what to do. in the config file is nothing about 'browsers' etc =[

#7 2008-12-31 06:56:06

kludge

have you tried to follow up on any of the suggestions explicitly made in the error messages?  *what* have you tried and *how* did it fail?

there's an error about gconf... is gconf installed?  is it working correctly?

you get different errors as a normal user and root.  that suggests there are permissions or policies errors.

this sound more like a bug or a problem with the application.  have you tried to contact the quod libet community for help?  i bet they know more than the general arch pool.

#8 2008-12-31 16:33:18

playdafunkimuzic

it's very strange because it worked right after i installed, and that was it. gconf sure is installed. i'm not new to gnome, just i consider myself new to arch as I've only used it for 5 months. when researching some of the issues i get quodlibet bug reports so i guess i'll ask around those forums. thanks.

#9 2008-12-31 19:06:02

playdafunkimuzic

hmm...deleted ~/.quodlibet/ and it seems to work xD

Board footer