You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-31 16:45:11

ptchinster

Problem after switching video cards

Using Arch on a x86_64, i had everything set up and working with GNOME and Compiz-Fusion, the cube, wobble windows, a custom theme with emerald, etc. Then i did a little hardware upgrade (added a gig of ram, took out my ati radeon x800 gt and replaced it with a nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB card. I uninstalled the radeon drivers, w/e i installed from the ATI wiki page, then followed the nvidia wiki page.
When i startx, the desktop loads just fine, but when i open a window (ie Trash, Firefox) there is no bar across the top (to minimize, maximize, move window, close).

I disabled fusion-icon from running on startup, brought back my xserver, opened a XTerminal (which has that default blue bar on the top) and ran fusion-icon. Error messages were:
compiz (cube) - Warn: Failed to load slidE: freedesktop
compiz (cube) - Warn: Failed to load slidE: freedesktop
compiz (cube) - Warn: No GLXFBConfig for depth32

and of course, no more bars on my windows. Anybody run into this/know how to fix it?

One more thing, heres my xorg.conf
http://rafb.net/p/4IvrpH98.html

#2 2008-12-31 20:47:38

flamelab

Re: Problem after switching video cards

What's your LCD's native display resolution ? If you give me that information, I'll make a xorg.conf for you wink

Last edited by flamelab (2008-12-31 20:47:50)

#3 2008-12-31 22:53:53

ptchinster

Re: Problem after switching video cards

i used 1280x1024 for my windows instance on that machine. I think thats my max res as well, i use some Westinghouse L1928NV 19", yeah and thats the max res.

Why would that effect my having no bars on my window? It worked with the old card, this card is newer, supports a higher res than my old one, that shouldbe be the issue.

Board footer