You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-02 18:46:36

Lancet

Abi Word display problem

Hi All,

I just installed Abi Word (via pacman -S) and I having an odd problem with it. I started it up and just began typing without changing any settings. It starts up using Times New Roman, 12 point, Normal Style, single spaced.

The problem is that the lines overlap each other. When I am in the print layout view, I type the first line and it looks OK. Then I press return and the cursor returns to the beginning of the line and drops a very small amount (say 1/10th of a character height). When I type the second line most of the characters (top 9/10ths) overlap the first line. I keep going and I keep getting these micro line feeds so that each subsequest line overlaps the previous lines and makes a big mess.

Also, when I am in Normal or Web Layout views, the first few lines are above the top of the window so that I can't see them.

I am on a laptop with an AMD64 Athlon processor and an ATI Mobility Radeon X600. I am using the X86_64 binaries and the radeon video driver for xorg.

Has anyone seen this type of problem with Abi Word? It seems like it might be some sort of config setting, but I haven't been able to find it. I have tried 1.5 spacing and double spacing but that didn't help. I have also looked around in the menus to see if anything jumped out as a possible misconfiguration, but haven't found anything.

#2 2016-11-18 08:48:10

riveravaldez

Re: Abi Word display problem

I'm having similar kind of problemas with arch+abiword in different desktop machines (until now, more or less old hardware).

It seems like a display issue, because the behavior is a little random.

Issue saw in ArchBang and Parabola too.

What can we do to help fix this?

Thanks a lot!

#3 2016-11-18 08:55:45

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

This thread is over 7 years old. Please open a new one and let this one rest.

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#4 2016-11-18 17:00:09

ewaller
Administrator

Welcome to Arch Linux.  Please do as Alad suggests.  Thanks.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22
Closed.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer