You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-03 13:25:56

razer

How to make inslallCD or liveCD

Hi. I was use google, before asking here, but I dont´t get answer on my question. I have archlinux with my packages, and scripts, customization, more config files are modified, modules to perl and python (my own distro). I would like keep as it is. The my own archlinux is in a virtual machine VMware, and I want create liveCD or more likely installCD. If you like liveDVD (DL) or installDVD (DL). I try larch-5 but it doesn´t keep it as it is. If I would try re-make install list of packages which will be use for making liveCD, it would be difficult. Some programs I was compiled and move to /bin or /sbin. Scrips are in one directory /scripts.  I have on archlinux installed KDE4 with my customization. (in start panel are scripts in categoryies, on desktop are desklets, etc). If I would finding where are the modificed config files or some chaneges, so it will be a hell for me. I don´t want lose some from my distros, and I would like create installCD (or maybe liveCD) if it will better for install on my desktop. Can some body help me please?

Sorry for my bad English, but I  teach it myself from internet.

#2 2009-01-03 14:17:21

archlinuxsagi

Re: How to make inslallCD or liveCD

larch ./larchify may help you although I have yet to use it.

BTW, if you just want to move out your Archlinux from vmware to actual one,
1)Install all the xorg-video-drivers.
2)copy your root directory to external USB hard disk,
3)make that hard disk bootable.
4)Remove the modules in rc.conf as udev will do the job,
5)Boot up archlinux in your desktop
6)Recreate the kernel image if you altered it.

If the bootup works, you can copy the files from USB hard disk to the desktop hard disk.

Last edited by archlinuxsagi (2009-01-03 14:18:42)

#3 2009-01-03 14:44:43

razer

Thanks for your post. I will do as you say. But I would like make the liveCD or installCD and distribute it.  I thinking about make package of filesystem and copy to DVD DL with some "installator" which take the package and bulid full funkcionality system on hdd. or like way. is it possible ?

#4 2009-01-03 15:20:44

archlinuxsagi

larch larchify can a live cd of your current install although I have yet to use it.

#5 2009-01-03 15:59:09

razer

ok and the first your post is good. 5)Boot up archlinux in your desktop. This is mean, as boot from external USB hard disk?

larch larchify can livecd but it want modify some profiles? I just try mklarch, but i had some error with connection to ftp. http://pastebin.sk/en/10143/ what I make incorrect ?

#6 2009-01-03 17:13:18

archlinuxsagi

razer wrote:

ok and the first your post is good. 5)Boot up archlinux in your desktop. This is mean, as boot from external USB hard disk?

Yup. This method just copy your root directory to another external hard disk..

razer wrote:

I just try mklarch, but i had some error with connection to ftp. http://pastebin.sk/en/10143/ what I make incorrect ?

mklarch will download archlinux packages which will overwrite your packages which is not what you require..

I have yet to try larchify however.
There is currently connection issue with larch ftp repository.

Last edited by archlinuxsagi (2009-01-03 17:20:35)

#7 2009-01-03 17:36:21

razer

uff thanx for great message. I hope that I don´t make mystake. I will try the method with external USB hdd. So after that post reply here.

#8 2009-01-03 20:19:09

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

This does not belong to "Community Contributions".

Moving to "Workstation User"

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#9 2009-01-03 23:12:36

razer

I can try make liveCD over larch, but it fail with error that ftp server not requested. It is 3 day when I try make livecd over larch. Is it alternative way?? Why the server is not working? sad  I need the install or liveCD.

Last edited by razer (2009-01-03 23:21:10)

Board footer