You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-19 23:23:51

Cippa Lippa

Update screwed up automount of USB key - permissions are the problem

Hi all

somehow recently one of the updates must have seriously screwed up the udev automount
I have a rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/ which goes like

KERNEL=="sd[b-z]", NAME="%k", SYMLINK+="usbhd-%k", GROUP="users", OPTIONS="last_rule" 
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", SYMLINK+="usbhd-%k", GROUP="users", NAME="%k" 
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/mkdir -p /media/usbhd-%k" 
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/ln -s /media/usbhd-%k /mnt/usbhd-%k" 
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", PROGRAM=="/lib/udev/vol_id -t %N", RESULT=="ntfs", RUN+="/bin/mount -t ntfs-3g -o rw,noauto,flush,quiet,nodev,nosuid,noexec,noatime,dmask=000,fmask=111 /dev/%k /media/usbhd-%k", OPTIONS="last_rule" 
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", PROGRAM=="/lib/udev/vol_id -t %N", RESULT=="vfat", RUN+="/bin/mount -t vfat -o rw,noauto,flush,quiet,nodev,nosuid,noexec,noatime,dmask=000,fmask=111 /dev/%k /media/usbhd-%k", OPTIONS="last_rule" 
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/mount -t auto -o rw,noauto,sync,dirsync,noexec,nodev,noatime /dev/%k /media/usbhd-%k", OPTIONS="last_rule" 
ACTION=="remove", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/rm -f /mnt/usbhd-%k" 
ACTION=="remove", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/umount -l /media/usbhd-%k" 
ACTION=="remove", KERNEL=="sd[b-z][0-9]", RUN+="/bin/rmdir /media/usbhd-%k", OPTIONS="last_rule"

What happens is now the following:
The usb key is mounted correctly in the newly created folder in /media/
The folder is initially labeled as rwx but once it is opened it switches to r-x and all the files inside it are r--

In krusader, once I opened the properties panel, I see that the permissions are in fact rwx but the options to change them are greyed out - if I load the root-krusader the options are not greyed out anymore but, when told to change the permissions, it tells me that the drive is read only....

now, WTF is happening???

[Line removed by skottish]

Cippa

#2 2008-12-19 23:31:28

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Update screwed up automount of USB key - permissions are the problem

I remove the one line. Please don't post stuff like that.

#3 2008-12-20 17:42:40

Cippa Lippa

update: the EXT3 works - my external hard drive is in ext3 and it is mounted correctly

#4 2008-12-20 17:53:44

Cippa Lippa

it seems to be a problem with mounting vfat

#5 2009-01-05 18:38:08

Cippa Lippa

any help please?

Board footer