You are not logged in.

#1 2003-07-24 09:19:02

DanEE

Problems with libraries

Hi!

Everytime I try to compile certain things wich uses certain libraries I always get errors!
I tried to compile a program wich uses the qt-Library: http://freshmeat.net/projects/icecc/
I get this error

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

The config.log file keeps me telling that it cannot find -lqt:

configure:5483: rm -rf SunWS_cache; c++ -o conftest -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -I/opt/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -L/opt/qt/lib/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib  conftest.C  -lqt -lpng -lz -lm -ljpeg  -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE  -lresolv 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

although I tell the configure script to explicitly include to the qt-dir like that:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-dir=/opt/qt --with-qt-libraries=/opt/qt/lib/

I really don't know what's wrong.
Btw that's not the only problem with libraries. Everytime I wan't to compile a program wich uses the GLU-Library I get the same errors (see also http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=775 ). But my ld.so.conf file looks like this:

#
# /etc/ld.so.conf
#
/usr/X11R6/lib
# End of file
/opt/qt/lib
/opt/kde/lib
/opt/mozilla

Of course I ran the ldconfig prog as root. But the linker cannot find all the libs wich are in these directories...
Am I just too stupid or what (I hope not ;-))
I hope someone know a solution to this problem

#2 2003-07-24 10:28:31

Arielext
Website

Re: Problems with libraries

try it with

--with-mt

we use QT3 and not QT2

apt-get install arch

#3 2003-07-24 11:55:29

DanEE

Re: Problems with libraries

It works now thx. But it was with:

--enable-mt

But in general that means, that if I want to compile a program wich depends on qt < 3 I have to use this this flag?
I didn't know that.

Board footer