You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-09 00:37:19

rwhite

Zen kernel

ive ben trying to install the kernel26zen-git package from the aur and it keeps failing with the same error

-> Switching to branch: master (a25e1ce2f35a0898f45a12e85e6a69ed9a556555)...
D    Documentation/devices.txt
D    Documentation/hwmon/abituguru-datasheet
Already on "master"
  -> Updating branch: master...
error: bad index file sha1 signature
fatal: index file corrupt
error: bad index file sha1 signature
fatal: index file corrupt
error: Could not read a03aee05317788d3e740dffbdf3e2325237b0d58
fatal: bad tree object a03aee05317788d3e740dffbdf3e2325237b0d58
error: failed to run repack
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build kernel26zen-git package.

does anybody know how to fix this

#2 2009-01-09 03:14:51

methuselah

Re: Zen kernel

I don't use the git version, I usually just build the vanilla kernel with the zen patch from their site. I'm using 2.6.28-zen2 at the moment at it works really good..... I built zen3 and it was very buggy..... and also the nvidia driver would not build correctly onto it. Then I built zen4 and it doesn't recognize my UUID root partition..... so, I'm going to stay with zen2 for a while.

Anyway, here is the forum for zen where you can ask the developers your question: http://zen-sources.org/forum

#3 2009-01-10 20:52:34

methuselah

Re: Zen kernel

methuselah wrote:

I don't use the git version, I usually just build the vanilla kernel with the zen patch from their site. I'm using 2.6.28-zen2 at the moment at it works really good..... I built zen3 and it was very buggy..... and also the nvidia driver would not build correctly onto it. Then I built zen4 and it doesn't recognize my UUID root partition..... so, I'm going to stay with zen2 for a while.

Anyway, here is the forum for zen where you can ask the developers your question: http://zen-sources.org/forum

You know what....  I no longer am recommending zen-sources. The patch might work nice (well 2.6.28-zen3 and 2.6.28-zen4 weren't working at all for me) but there is no call for the racism that I saw on their site last night.

I went to their website like I usually do to see if they had made the new zen5 patch yet..... and at the top of their home page was a post that one of their developers had added. It was a post with 27 pictures from 4chan. The first picture seemed innocent. Then I clicked through about 10 of them before becoming disgusted with it..... they were all HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

Each one was racist with the word N***ER written onto the pictures of black kids..... like LOLZ kitties (but saying rude racist shit). There was also a picture of Adolf Hitler (as joke about "how tall to grow corn" while saluting).... and there was a Knights Templar Crusade picture about killing Muslims. ("getting it right the first time" was the caption)

You can say they were all meant as tasteless jokes (like the one Southpark photo of "people that you hate = N*ggers").... but seriously, why put that sort of shit on your home page. If I want to be offended I'll go to 4chan, digg, or craigslist on my own. I'm sorry to rant here on Arch.... but I felt like clearing that up for anybody out there who doesn't find Internet racism funny.

Board footer