You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-11 16:30:21

baude

Arch64 & Pulseaudio : ALSA cannot open shared library

Hi all,

I've recently installed ePSXe (the bin32 package) and its  OSS/Alsa SPU plugin. Everything went well, except that the sound volume was bound to be at the loudest level (the plugin is compiled with OSS support...). So I ran ePSXe with padsp. This solved the volume problem, but the sound was too slow in the game, this was just horrible.
That is why I've compiled the OSS/ALSA plugin with the ALSA support. And now I get this error :

ALSA lib pcm.c:2162:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

This library exists, but this is a 64 bits version. I have the 32 bits version located at /opt/lib32/usr/lib/alsa-lib/, but I don't know how to tell the program to use it.

Any help ?

Thanks.

#2 2009-01-13 09:38:01

tsv
Website

Re: Arch64 & Pulseaudio : ALSA cannot open shared library

sad

This is the same error I'm getting trying to get Skype to play nice. No joy so far...

#3 2009-01-13 11:19:56

baude

Re: Arch64 & Pulseaudio : ALSA cannot open shared library

Argh..
This seems bad :-(
In your thread Alexdsan recommends using a 32-bits binary with dmix, and I already have a 32-bits package, with pulseaudio (so I don't have dmix). I hope we'll find a solution..
I've tried some things like exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before starting ePSXe, but this did not work.

Board footer