You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-13 22:22:21

kludge

music player reco: two specific interface features

i'm still in the market for a new music player, and there are two specific features i'm looking for.

1) click-and-drag or single-command ability to move an arbitrary set of files (current track, whole album, entire artist collection, etc.) to another playlist than the one currently playing.

2) database of my collection that allows for sorting and filtering views on multiple criteria.

i used itunes during my brief dalliance with os x, and while the player as a whole is ridiculously bloated, i love the interface to the music database.

i would vastly prefer an ncurses app, and, failing that, a lightweight gtk app.  i refuse gone and kde dependencies, and my system is an 800 mhz pentium 3 with 512 mb ram.

and yes, i've looked around (a *lot*) but the sheer number of possibilities makes trying them all to find the right fit more time-consuming than i can stomach.  i'm just looking for some help narrowing the field on these two criteria.

thanks much!

Last edited by kludge (2009-01-13 22:36:19)

[23:00:16]    dr_kludge | i want to invent an olfactory human-computer interface, integrate it into the web standards, then produce my own forked browser.
[23:00:32]    dr_kludge | can you guess what i'd call it?
[23:01:16]    dr_kludge | nosilla.
[23:01:32]    dr_kludge | i really should be going to bed.  i'm giggling madly about that.

#2 2009-01-13 22:53:20

GogglesGuy
Website

Re: music player reco: two specific interface features

My musicmanager might work for you. I'm pretty curious to see what the performance would be on your system.

#3 2009-01-14 19:22:41

RobbeR49

Re: music player reco: two specific interface features

your requirements sound like something XMMS2 could accomplish. Not completely sure about #1 but #2 definitely with "collections" as they call it.

I use gmusicbrowser and I can filter through my library on the fly as well as saving the filters as playlists fairly easily, so it sounds like it may work for you also.

Board footer