You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-07 04:28:04

segmental

Obconf error messages - solved

When I first ran obconf from the command line there was a string of error messages like:

(obconf:12109): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new: assertion `height > 0' failed
(obconf:12109): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_fill: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
(obconf:12109): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_copy_area: assertion `src_pixbuf != NULL' failed
(obconf:12109): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new: assertion `height > 0' failed
(obconf:12109): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_fill: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
(obconf:12109): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_copy_area: assertion `src_pixbuf != NULL' failed

On a hunch, I uninstalled the openbox-themes package and voila, not a single error message.

Next, over time, I installed each of the openbox-themes themes one at a time and looked to see which were
generating the errors. As it turned out, the following themes created error messages:

AbsE, Bamboo, Dyne, Gold, Mavos, Nova-Blue, Nova-Gold, Nova-Lime, Nova-Pink, Oldred, Rabbit,
Simple-Industrial, Sodio, suspect-list, Wblue, Zenyellow.

Four of them (Mavos, Oldred, Rabbit, Simple-Industrial) had simple color definition errors like

ObRender-Message: Unable to parse color '#7eee8cf'

The rest had the more elaborate "gdk_pixbuf" messages.

I guess the simplest solution is to remove the problem themes until the cause of the errors is
identified and fixed.

#2 2008-06-07 04:31:29

droog

Re: Obconf error messages - solved

That hex color is 7 chars long 7eee8cf  should only be 6

#3 2009-01-20 20:27:28

noyb

Re: Obconf error messages - solved

Weightless-industry is additionally broken.

Mavos, Oldred, Rabbit and Simple-Industrial can be fixed as follows;

All of them involve changing the color codes. Just grep for the line in bold and then add/change the color number.
The files are in /usr/share/themes/ThemeNameGoesHere/openbox-3/themerc.

Mavos
window.inactive.handle.bg.colorTo: #eee8cf

Oldred
window.inactive.handle.bg.colorTo: #bab5ab

Rabbit
window.active.grip.bg.colorTo: #71829d

Simple-Industrial
!! #3e71aa = accent colour, change to whatever if you like
window.active.button.disabled.image.color: #3e71aa

The remaining broken themes just need to be moved out of the /usr/share/themes directory.

Last edited by noyb (2009-01-20 20:56:16)

Board footer