You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-07 14:43:26

Sharpeee

PTP I/O error when using gphoto2

Hi

I'm trying to import pictures from my digital camera, but keep running my head into a wall. When I insert my camera, know automatically mounts the camera and I'm able to browse the pictures directly on the camera through nautilus. But when I try to import the pictures from gthumb, I get an error that the camera is already locked.
If I unmount the camera in nautilus I'm unable to connect to the camera again, as I get a "PTP I/O error" from gphoto2. I run the command "gphoto2 --summary" and get this message:

*** Error ***              
PTP I/O error

*** Error ***              
An error occurred in the io-library ('Unspecified error'): No error description available
*** Error (-1: 'Unspecified error') ***       

For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
developer mailing list <gphoto-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>, please run
gphoto2 as follows:

env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt --summary

Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

Anybody know what I can do to fix this problem? I can import my pictures just fine in Ubuntu, so it has to be some sort of configuration thing in Arch.

#2 2009-01-18 09:55:37

briest

Re: PTP I/O error when using gphoto2

I was hit by the same problem hmm Quick googling suggest that it is a kernel bug, namely #12301 (although description concentrates on fingerprint reader, the bug itself is far more generic and hits USB devices in general). If this is the case, your camera should work once, after reboot, and then fail all subsequent attempts.

#3 2009-01-20 23:08:19

Sharpeee

Re: PTP I/O error when using gphoto2

That is exactly the case! I have found a lot of other with the exact same problem, 3 years ago, so the solution is always just to upgrade to the new version which I obviously have.

Board footer