You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-22 00:57:36

rochus

After upgrade USB Keyboard not working to unlock cryptdev-ed HDD

Hi,

Is there any sane reason, why my USB keyboard does not work after upgrading right now to enter the keyphrase to unlock my hdd? (x86_64, kernel 2.6.28-1.1, luks encrypted hdd that contains an lvm2 volume) The keyboard works fine in grub, short time before I have to enter the password, it goes black (numblock LED turns off). Luckily I have an USB-to-PS/2 converter, so I just plugged it in there, the system recognizes this and I'm able to enter the password. Afterwards, pluggin the keyboard back into its USB port, it works again.

Has anyone encountered the same strange behaviour? Or has anyone a solution for this problem?

best regards

#2 2009-01-22 08:39:26

darkenergy

Re: After upgrade USB Keyboard not working to unlock cryptdev-ed HDD

Even worse, my LUKS key is stored on a USB-Stick. After upgrading, my USB-Stick was not recognized and so the LUKS key could not be read. Luckily (very luckily) I had defined a plain text keyphrase for LUKS slot 2 and so I was able to enter this via the PS2 keyboard. Anyone who has not provided this "backdoor" for themselves faces a difficult task.

A bug report exists concerning this problem: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12867

Board footer