You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-19 16:47:01

LeoSolaris

negitive color issue with videos

Ok, here is an odd one, this has happened to all of the video files on my computer, they are all negative colors. Sound is fine, they play, and I can do all the normal stuff like pause/resume, stop, etc, they are just blue. It happens in VLC, realplayer, and totem. If I put any of them over to Windows, Windows VLC plays them normally. This happens with every file type, from the old .rm's to wav's and .mpeg's. Randomly, and with newly downloaded videos, the videos play normally.

Please let me know what I need to look at or tell y'all about my set up. It's just a Dell Inspiron 1520 with an nVidia 8400 GS card. Everything else is working. I am using the ffmpeg codex and running realplayer, totem, or VLC from terminal doesn't yield any errors. I am so very confused.

I keep getting distracted from my webserver project...

huh? oooh...  shiny!

#2 2008-12-28 20:36:42

LeoSolaris

Re: negitive color issue with videos

Ok, After poking around a little bit more, I discovered that it has to do with one of my gnome and/or compiz settings. I played a few videos in a separate user under Enlightenment, and they ran just fine.

I think it is time to dome a full re-install with a 64-bit version, and just use openbox. I have been toying with it recently, and I like it a good deal better.

Hope y'all have a Happy New Years!
Leo

huh? oooh...  shiny!

#3 2009-01-22 14:48:07

nebri

Well this is interesting because I'm running arch x86_64, under fluxbox, no compiz stuff even installed and the same issue is happening to me. the only difference is that it's isolated into VLC. mplayer runs it just fine without issues, and even windows VLC runs just fine as well.

#4 2009-01-24 14:45:30

ChoK

It may be related to that : http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthr … ight=totem

It happens to me when I use the xv output on mplayer, mplayer-1.0rc2 was working fine, the problem is happening after an upgrade to 28347-1.

edit: nvidia driver is 177.80-2 in both case

Last edited by ChoK (2009-01-24 14:47:22)

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.
Picasso
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
Saint Exupéry

#5 2009-01-25 01:27:39

LeoSolaris

It is possible, but mine was fixed by switching out of gnome and just going to E17. (I eventually went to Openbox like I said)

Ya know, it is strange reading spelling errors in one's own posts...   annoying, too.

huh? oooh...  shiny!

Board footer