You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-25 10:49:51

bovis

vlc pvr problems

I have a sort of complicated problem dealing with user permissions for the pvr device in vlc.

First, some information about my system:

Archlinux Kernel26-2.6.25.6-2-i686
tv-tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR PCI II
vlc version 0.9.8a-4 (the latest version in pacman as of 01-25-09)

As a non-root user, I am able to open a SINGLE tv channel by performing the actions: Open Capture Device..., PVR, and inserting the specific frequency of the channel.

What is puzzling is when I try to change channels. Now, normally I just open up a playlist file with the channels already preset. Basically, every entry in the file looks like this, but with the frequency and channel name changed:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,2 Channel2
#EXTVLCOPT:pvr-device=/dev/video0
#EXTVLCOPT:pvr-radio-device=/dev/radio0
#EXTVLCOPT:pvr-norm=0
#EXTVLCOPT:pvr-frequency=55250
#EXTVLCOPT:pvr-bitrate=-1
pvr://

If I open the playlist file it opens the first entry, channel 2, and will display channel 2. But when I click another channel in the list I receive this error in xterm:

[00000575] main input error: unsafe option "pvr-device" has been ignored for security reasons
[00000575] main input error: unsafe option "pvr-radio-device" has been ignored for security reasons
[00000575] main input error: unsafe option "pvr-norm" has been ignored for security reasons
[00000575] main input error: unsafe option "pvr-frequency" has been ignored for security reasons
[00000575] main input error: unsafe option "pvr-bitrate" has been ignored for security reasons
[00000577] pvr access error: Failed to write 0 new capture card settings.

...and the panel at the bottom of the main window tells me that I am on another channel, but after the switch it goes back to displaying channel 2.

Obviously, I am able to access the card. But somehow I am not allowed to switch frequencies within the playlist. I have checked the permissions for my user and I am able to access the groups audio and video.

Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.

Board footer