You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-26 05:50:27

emu

dwm + panels = mediacenter?

Heya, some of you can probarly help me out alittle.

I have installed a box, with will act as a media center.

I do not relly like anyone of the ones i have seen so far, eather the can do anything or nothing at all.

So i have desided to run dwm, because its small fast and can leep everything in full screen, and removve borders and stuff.

My problem is that i use a nvidia card and a old tv, so my screen goes over the edge of the tv... sorry, I cant descripe it better, english is not my native langue.

I have tried everything, and some more over the last week, and i cant get it to show a correct size (but i got a pretty sharp picture, so thats nice).

I know workaround != Selution (readed it somewhere on this board big_smile ), but this time i have to settle whit the 2nd best selution.

What i am thinking to do, is to find some app, there can work as an panel, so i can configure to fill all the space i cant see, so when i have window maxed it only goes to the end of the border (the edge of my tv screen),

But my question is, does anyone of you know any panels there can do this job (act as fillers)?
Or can you recomend another approach.

Thanks for your time,
And have a nice day.
-- Emu

#2 2009-01-26 10:18:59

sand_man

Re: dwm + panels = mediacenter?

I had the same problem when using the s-video output on my laptop. I tried all the so-called solutions and none worked either. Using the same TV with the vga output works fine.

neutral

Board footer