You are not logged in.

#1 2004-10-19 01:44:36

cbozic

Evolution 2.0 settings

Ok, my evolution mail client has gotten to be so messed up during the last few package upgrades and me trying to fix my problems, that I now can not use any of the last three versions of evolution without some showstopper problem. 

I would like to totally remove evolution and all it's settings from my system and start clean but a "pacman -R evolution" doesn't remove my settings.  Can someone tell me where my evolution 2.0 settings are stored so I can wipe them away? 

I've already deleted ~/.evolution but there's still something else that holds on to account setting that I can't find.

Thanks for any help!

#2 2004-10-19 04:27:47

kpiche
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Evolution 2.0 settings

Evolution 2.0 stores it's data in ~/.evolution.  Pre-2.0 evolution data is in ~/evolution.

#3 2004-10-19 11:14:02

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

WARNING!!!  I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!
If you're feeling desparate and dangerous, you could try blowing away the settings in gconf.  gconf is akin to the Windows registry and it contains information about evolution.  The actual files are stored in /etc/gconf/..., but you can use gconftool-2 to maniuplate them.  Maybe something like,

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/evolution

or

# You might want to make sure gconf isn't running before trying this
rm -rf /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/evolution

Anyway, in case you missed it...
WARNING!!!  I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Follow the link below, sign up, and accept one promotional offer.  If I can get five suckers (err... friends) to do this, I'll get a free iPod.  Then you too can try to get a free iPod. Thanks! http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11363142

#4 2004-10-19 13:43:00

cbozic

Thanks for the replies. 

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/evolution

Doing the above command totally wiped away my evolution settings just like I wanted.  ...Even if you didn't know what you were talking about. smile  The bad news is that I still have all of my problems with evolution and I'm not sure why.

I use pop to get my mail but I also tell evolution to leave my mail on the server so I can use a web mail tool when I am away from my computer.  Each time I start evolution, it re-pops ALL the messages from the server causing duplicates emails to appear in my inbox.  It started doing that after the upgrade to 2.0.2-1 and is still present in 2.0.2-2..  Also, when I use a signature, my cursor magically jumps lines and spaces after each letter I type.  That started happening after the upgrade to 2.0.1.  This has caused evolution to become unusable for me.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Board footer