You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-26 22:16:55

nLEyETn

Request for an Option in the Kernel Builds

I don't know if this is the right forum to requests this in, but I didn't see any others that I thought fit any better; so if this is in the wrong place, then please move it for me.

I use Windows Dynamic Disks on my machine to create a spanned volume for some of my hard drives.  The ability to read those volumes correctly requires that Windows Logical Disc Manager be turned on inside the Partition Types menu in the kernel configuration.  This is the only option missing from the current kernel builds that is required to enable support for this.  Right now I have to recompile my custom kernel every time a new version is released just for this one feature.  I'm asking that someone please enable this option in the official builds since it seems as it would be pretty safe to use and likely something others would be able to benefit from as well since a lot of people dual boot.

The path to the option through menuconfig would be:

File Systems --> Partition Types --> Advanced partition selection --> Windows Logical Disk Manager (Dynamic Disk) support

The option through just the .config file is:

CONFIG_LDM_PARTITION

#2 2009-01-26 22:19:04

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Request for an Option in the Kernel Builds

Feature requests should go into the bug tracker. Quite a few Arch developers never come into the forums, and even if they do, these things have a tendency to get lost in the mix.

#3 2009-01-26 23:13:38

nLEyETn

Re: Request for an Option in the Kernel Builds

Thanks for the info, I'll go post this in there smile

Board footer