You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-28 14:22:09

Xyzk

the filesystem check failed & command line not reacting

well then... the problem is simple, after a rather long stop in using linux i met blue screen of death (yes, the whole windows crashed) and so angry decided to start again with arch. I`ve switched the HDD to the arch-one, booted, and here is the problem. System after forcing ckecks on everything etc. stopped ad /dev/sdb4 with error:

Warning... fsck.ext3 for device /dev/sdb4 exited with signal 11.
File system check failed (and below a table what to do)

and till now there are many answers how to repair it on forum. But, unfortunately I cannot use any of them as my command line is not taking in anything I use, meaning i can write whatever I want, it won`t give any response... I don`t remember if it was normal but backspace is giving me ^[^[^[\ rather than deleting previous char etc..

I would be grateful for any help.

[edit] hmmm what the? waited 1 hour, tried again, this time it "started" on fallback... still would be grateful for any help and info about any reason of such behaviour.

Last edited by Xyzk (2009-01-28 15:27:32)

#2 2009-01-28 15:29:21

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: the filesystem check failed & command line not reacting

Perhaps you can try a "Live" cd or usb Flash "live" device to enable running e2fsck on your HDD to clear up the problem.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer