You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-28 08:29:41

Garret

Questions about the new KDE 4.2

I have installed the new KDE4.2. I have an nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB

1) Why kde can't reach the ntp server if i want to set automatically date and time?

2) In gmome my monitor is set to 60Hz and instead kde4 recognies only 50 and 51Hz. Why?

3) Why in System Settings -> Advanced I can't set the automatic login or the other tabs? Maybe i should be root? Ok but how i can enable all the options?

4) Sometimes, some applications goes in crash(Signal 11 SIGSEV). Is it normal?

5) How i can integrate more Firefox3 in KDE. Beause it uses by default the gtk engine. And obviously the question is turned for gtk apps in general(like aMule for example...)

6) Why in dolphin if i create two tabs, i can't move files from one tab to another like in nautilus?

7) How i can enable preview of videos and images in dolphin when i see these files(like in nautilus)?

8) How the start menù program entries can be edited? I mean like the alacarte on gnome is there a tool to rename, delete, move applications in the menù?

#2 2009-01-28 09:41:45

zyghom
Website

Re: Questions about the new KDE 4.2

I'm not surprised nobody answes you - read your questions again ;-)

Zygfryd Homonto

#3 2009-01-28 11:14:45

ndlarsen

Garret wrote:

3) Why in System Settings -> Advanced I can't set the automatic login or the other tabs? Maybe i should be root? Ok but how i can enable all the options?

5) How i can integrate more Firefox3 in KDE. Beause it uses by default the gtk engine. And obviously the question is turned for gtk apps in general(like aMule for example...)

8) How the start menù program entries can be edited? I mean like the alacarte on gnome is there a tool to rename, delete, move applications in the menù?

3: kdesu systemsettings
4: google is your friend or gtk-qt-engine
8: Rightclick on the menu button, select edit menu

I made it long
as I lacked the time to make it short...

#4 2009-01-28 13:22:27

u_no_hu

1. Is this the new Arch meme?
2. If its is then its spreading really fast.
3. Is there any benefit of posting all the questions in a single post?
4. google etc etc...
5. Is it necessay that i should post 8 questions or can is top at 5?
6. ?
8 ..

Don't be a HELP VAMPIRE. Please search before you ask.

Subscribe to The Arch Daily News.

#5 2009-01-29 19:28:39

Garret

Is there a way in Gnome to restore Nautilus as default and not Dolphin(i wanto use dolphin in KDE)?

#6 2009-01-29 19:46:51

Wintervenom

Garret wrote:

1) Why kde can't reach the ntp server if i want to set automatically date and time?

2) In gmome my monitor is set to 60Hz and instead kde4 recognies only 50 and 51Hz. Why?

6) Why in dolphin if i create two tabs, i can't move files from one tab to another like in nautilus?

7) How i can enable preview of videos and images in dolphin when i see these files(like in nautilus)?

One, pacman -S openntpd && echo "(sleep 30; /etc/rc.d/openntpd start)&" >> /etc/rc.local.
Four, no, report them to the respective bug tracker.
Five, pacman -S gtk-qt-engine qtcurve-gtk2 qtcurve-kde4.
Six, drag file(s) to tab, hover a moment, should switch.
Seven, turn Dolphin's preview size up.
Eight, right click on the KDE menu, Menu Editor.

Board footer