You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-29 23:26:22

jaydoc

Boot errors after KDEmod 4.2 upgrade and a resizing of partitions

Hi....

I was running out of space on one the partitons so I decided to do some resizing.
I have never used UUID and use the regular /dev/sda names. I run Gentoo and Arch on my system.

When I rebooted the first time after that Arch booted just fine.

After a KDEmod upgrade there were some strange error messages on boot. At the login window, there is an error that my home directory is not found, so / is used instead. But on clicking OK it just returns to login and won't boot. If I go to failsafe mode and mount my home partition by usingAfter a KDEmod upgrade there were some strange error messages on boot. At the login window, After a KDEmod upgrade there were some strange error messages on boot. At the login window,

mount /dev/sda5 /home and then login I can login fine and everything works as usual.

My first problem...
Is there a way I can find the boot process messages and see what errors have occurred..?
I tried removing the first line in /etc/issue, but then it always goes to the GUI login after the boot process completes. even after ctrl alt bcksp and logging in by console, I can't get any output from the ctrl alt f1.

If I can get to see the error messages I could try solving the problem by googling. thanks.

It takes a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious - A N Whitehead

Board footer