You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-30 02:05:08

JooBlixlarz

KDE 4.2 quirks are messing with me big time...

I have a fresh install of KDEmod 4.2 [i got rid of my .kde4 and reconfigured everything], and there's a few things which are happening now which I think shouldn't be.

First off, Dolphin is no longer showing image thumbnails. No matter what settings i change, they absolutely refuse to show up and I have to mouseover my pics to see the preview in the sidebar. This is annoying since I have a folder where I keep my wallpapers for Plasma's slideshow and I like to switch it up pretty often; not being able to see what I'm adding/removing is no fun.

Konsole doesn't let me close tabs with middle click now; this is the biggest problem, since I usually have a lot of tabs open and closing them is now me misclicking them with the middle click and then having to switch to that tab and doing ctrl shift w. My middle click isn't broken, as it works fine in Firefox.

Much lower on the priority list, I don't like the new Plasma theme much, and KDEmod has stuck their logo on the application launcher. That in itself is not a big deal, but I think the new fusion of Chakra and KDE logos looks ugly. Any other KDEmodders know how to get the old Oxygen theme back and switch to either the old round logo or the KDE logo?

...with a crowbar.

#2 2009-01-30 02:39:22

lucke

Re: KDE 4.2 quirks are messing with me big time...

Did you activate Preview in View menu?

Ctrl-D is a shell quit command, I just use that to close my tabs in yakuake - I wouldn't think of using mouse to operate a terminal ;-) Can't help you with your problem in any other way.

I don't know what kdemod does to the default theme, but you can right-click on the desktop and change desktop themes there.

#3 2009-01-30 08:43:25

Heller_Barde

he would like to change an icon. you should come to the chakra forums with such questions smile
btw, we did not change the theme besides that icon afaik.

cheers Barde

EDIT: on a similar note, i just found out that you just have to delete the file /usr/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/places/start-here-branding.svg to get rid of our shameless branding of KDE 4.2 big_smile

Last edited by Heller_Barde (2009-01-30 08:57:33)

#4 2009-01-30 18:49:02

Mikko777

JooBlixlarz wrote:

I have a fresh install of KDEmod 4.2 [i got rid of my .kde4 and reconfigured everything], and there's a few things which are happening now which I think shouldn't be.

First off, Dolphin is no longer showing image thumbnails. No matter what settings i change, they absolutely refuse to show up and I have to mouseover my pics to see the preview in the sidebar. This is annoying since I have a folder where I keep my wallpapers for Plasma's slideshow and I like to switch it up pretty often; not being able to see what I'm adding/removing is no fun.

Konsole doesn't let me close tabs with middle click now; this is the biggest problem, since I usually have a lot of tabs open and closing them is now me misclicking them with the middle click and then having to switch to that tab and doing ctrl shift w. My middle click isn't broken, as it works fine in Firefox.

Much lower on the priority list, I don't like the new Plasma theme much, and KDEmod has stuck their logo on the application launcher. That in itself is not a big deal, but I think the new fusion of Chakra and KDE logos looks ugly. Any other KDEmodders know how to get the old Oxygen theme back and switch to either the old round logo or the KDE logo?

-dolphin works for me, check the preview button is pressed, if not you prolly need some package installed

-check keyboard shortcuts in systemsettings

-deleting /usr/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/places/start-here-branding.svg works, i want the round one back too
-plasma is the default yup, it should be prettier tho than in kde4.1

#5 2009-01-31 00:37:35

JooBlixlarz

Thanks a lot guys, Dolphin is fixed now and I've de-Chakrized my launcher. I can work with ctrl+d in terminal, but it'll take me a few days to get used to that.

The Plasma theme is only different wrt the panel, but I still prefer the old version slightly. These screenshots show what I mean:

old: http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.1/sc … esktop.png

new: http://kde.org/announcements/4.2/screen … esktop.png

To me, it seems like the whole Oxygen skin fits together better in the pre-4.2 version, and I don't like the glossy new look. If there's an Oxygen-legacy skin or something like that, it would be nice... for now, I've just switched to the Naked skin and it's alright.

Again, thanks a lot - all my major 4.2 issues are fixed.

...with a crowbar.

Board footer