You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-29 06:24:14

kinghajj

Odd Graphics Problems with KDE 4.2

First, KDE 4.2 seems to have some problems with transparency. As you can see in the image below, the "cashew" has some sort of pattern on it, and the edges of the taskbar entries look corrupted.

kde4_odd_graphics.png

Another problem is that my screensaver only takes 1/6th of the screen space, not the entire screen.

I installed and removed KDEmod4 before installing KDE 4 from the Arch repos. Could that have caused these problems? The screensaver problem occured in the KDEmod4 build, too, but the transparency problem didn't show up until I installed the vanilla build.

#2 2009-01-29 06:59:48

Rasi
Website

Re: Odd Graphics Problems with KDE 4.2

As this is most likely no packaging bug, you should probably head over to bugs.kde.org

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#3 2009-01-29 19:00:48

mrunion
Website

I've never had kdemod and my screensaver only takes up a quarter or less of the screen. This was just an FYI.

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#4 2009-01-31 05:45:43

quantumphaze

What graphics card is everyone here using? I have an Intel 945GM and KDEmod4.2 works fine

Since you upgraded from another KDE4 version from different repos then there may be problems with configs in .kde4, back it up and remove .kde4

That thing at the right corner of the panel is a misconfiguration with the panel size feature. Click the cashew and slide the bottom right slider thing all the way right. I get it all the time when I start up, Xorg defaults to 1024x768 at atert when the external screen is plugged in

The screensaver problem is probably Kwin. I have problems when running some things in Wine. Use Alt+Shift+F12 to disable Kwin compositing. If problem persists install Openbox and run openbox --replace in the Alt+F2 run box

▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉▊▋▌▍▎▏▏▎▍▌▋▊▉█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁

Board footer