You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-29 10:53:43

leo2501

[SOLVED] MSI Wind Touchpad. want to add middle click functionality

Well i bought an MSI Wind and i never use a laptop before, so Im getting used to the touchpad, one thing I can't figure out nor find in google is how to simulate a middle click, so i can copy paste from urxvt to say firefox, i found a lot of forum topics about that but the general answer was to use middle click... (obviously) and install autocutsel, i install it and run it, but i don't understand why is not working, i copy text selecting it in urxvt and in firefox address bar or forms i press ctrl+ins for paste but it doesn't the text i previously selected in urxvt, it pastes the last ctrl+c contents in any X app...

also i miss to open firefox tabs with the middle mouse click as a new background tab, i read somewhere it can be possible with touchpads pressing the two buttons simultaneously, but the wind has only one left/right button, so you can only press one at the time, but not both

Im using X with hal hotplugging enabled

Last edited by leo2501 (2009-01-31 22:35:53)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#2 2009-01-31 13:25:53

ahcaliskan

Re: [SOLVED] MSI Wind Touchpad. want to add middle click functionality

I belive that the developers of the touchpad driver could help you. Perhaps you should check out their forum.
http://fsp-lnxdrv.sourceforge.net/
Also, read the mswind.net wiki with linux installation guides. Here is archlinux guide:
http://wiki.msiwind.net/index.php/Arch_Linux

Last edited by ahcaliskan (2009-01-31 13:26:26)

#3 2009-01-31 15:24:47

pointone
Wiki Admin

As far as pasting between urxvt and Firefox, I needed to run two instances of autocutsel in order to get the desired effect on my machine. Here's a snippet from my .xinitrc:

/usr/bin/autocutsel -selection CLIPBOARD -fork &
/usr/bin/autocutsel -selection PRIMARY -fork &

M*cr*s*ft: Who needs quality when you have marketing?

#4 2009-01-31 22:35:27

leo2501

Thanks pointone!! that solved the issue, that's exactly what i want it to do smile

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer