You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-01 02:32:04

ProbablyX

Got it all installed :)

Hello everyone!

I've been using Ubuntu now for a year or so (and a few other distros like Debian, Mandriva, Fedora and I had a go at Gentoo before that - have been on Linux a few years now).
All of these (except Gentoo that was too hard to use..) have been "decent" but had their issues.
After Ubuntu 8.10 I started having issues, I switched to Fedora which worked better but it was just that my soundcard had an argument with it lol.

Anyway! I managed, by following the guides, get Arch installed. I have ALSA, KDE4 abd nvidia drivers running.

I can listen to music (which fedora made a nightmare), surf, and boot really fast. I just love it so far!

Theres a problem though, in the alsa setup manual it says that I should add
options snd-pcsp index=2
in modprobe.conf. This makes programs try to send audio to my internal case speaker lol. I removed the line and everything works mint. Maybe this part of the wiki should be revised?

And finally I have a question tongue
Is there any guide (that doesnt just say setup chroot with an arch cd) for setting up a 32bit chroot? Im not sure I need 32bit stuff and I guess a chroot allows me to just remove it when I dont need it anymore without modding my system smile
And then the followup: If I setup a chroot, I remember from debian that you had to put in 32nvidia drivers into it where do you find these? (I have an amd64 system)

Thanks smile And thanks for a great distro smile
/ PX

Last edited by ProbablyX (2009-02-01 02:32:27)

#2 2009-02-01 02:33:47

originalsurfmex

Re: Got it all installed :)

i second that.  i know the wiki has a guide, but i found it confusing and couldnt get it to work.  (i needed it for sketchup and wine)

Board footer