You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-01 01:36:51

McGoof

KDEmod problem after update

I performed full update for my Arch today. Firstly Shaman just suspended. Then, after restarting it and upgrading system it just turned out that KDE stopped loading automatically. What is more after typing kdm it runs without any problem, but after typing password in kdm screen just blinks a few times and goes back to kdm. Does anyone have any idea?

#2 2009-02-01 02:53:57

Chrysalis

Re: KDEmod problem after update

1) Back up your ~/.kde4 and remove it.
2) 'pacman -Sy kdemod' (to reinstall) 'pacman -Syu', look up any conflicting files with 'pacman -Qo /path/to/file' and remove package
3) uninstall any left over packages that were removed from repos 'pacman -Qm' will show them along with aur packages or 'yaourt -Syu --aur' and look for 'not found'
4) inittab method is preferred over rc.conf to start kdm http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Add … tab_Method
5) make sure you have hal and fam/gamin (gamin is preferred)... instructions somewhere in wiki (search)
6) reboot

#3 2009-02-01 02:57:51

heleos

I believe there was a pacman message that said you need to remove your .kde4 directory with the new update..

#4 2009-02-02 16:45:51

chessboxing

Had the same problem and started a thread to but no solution. However a day ago someone started the same thread like mine and got a perfect solution... So here for your salvation (pure altruism).

edit your /etc/rc.conf
DAEMONS=( hal fam kdm alsa )

I only had 'hal'
succes

New things emerge when they were forgotten.

Board footer