You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-31 17:45:17

hauntergeist

[Solved] Ripping issue with dvd::rip

Good evening.
I try to rip one of my DVD's with transcode, or rather dvd:rip. I chose the main movie title (about 1h 30m) and started ripping. I try to rip it as a .ogm-file with the ogg-container format and xvid codec. The problem is, dvd::rip copies more than 100% to the hard disk! I clicked "copy to hard disk" and now, after an hour, it has 106% copied! How's that possible? It even has a "negative time".How can I fix it? It seems to be an endless copy process ...

Some info:
I have everything installed except:
-rar
-xvid4conf
-fping
-ffmpeg (is installed but dvd::rip doesn't recognize it)

greetings,
haunted.

EDIT: I solved the problem by switchin to vlc player. VLC is capable of ripping DVD by means of the Convert/Save-feature.

Last edited by hauntergeist (2009-01-31 22:35:25)

#2 2009-02-03 04:33:57

ssl6

Re: [Solved] Ripping issue with dvd::rip

i have that problem with some of my DVD's sometimes. i usually copy the entire contents of the DVD to my hard drive, and let dvd:rip encode on the fly from there, most of the time it works, though i have a few that still fail

sometimes i try to use k9copy as well

what version of transcode do you have? i have 1.1.0 which dvdrip doesnt fully support yet i guess, i get a message everytime i open it, so far i haven't had any more problems then normal. its actually been ripping 2x as fast too, though it might be because i recompiled transcode, and my kernel, to try to tweak things, and i did upgrade my processor recently, but im pretty sure it only ripped a few fps faster after the cpu upgrade

this is a signature

#3 2009-02-05 11:08:38

hauntergeist

Re: [Solved] Ripping issue with dvd::rip

K, i paniced a bit. roll I tried dvd::rip with another dvd and it worked smile I too get a message from dvd::rip everytime I start it, saying that transcode is > 1.1 etc.

Board footer