You are not logged in.

#1 2002-10-04 18:46:39

almostlucky

Exim config

I switched over to arch from gentoo about a week or 2 ago, and love it. I have run into a problem (which isnt an arch specific problem, mind you).
I am used to using fetchmail + postfix + procmail + mutt for all of my mail needs. I run fetchmail as a daemon, and have postfix send it through procmail, and sort it, and forward it into my different mailboxes (standard INBOX, and different boxes for different mail lists).

I noticed that there was no postfix package (and my attempts at making one failed miserably smile ). I looked around, and saw Exim. I have heard many good things about it, so I gave it a try. I understand it can not only deliver, but sort my mail, thus taking the place of both procmail and postfix. AWESOME!

But, i cannot get it configured correctly. I have read over the guides (both teh general config and filtering guides) on the exim site. The only thing i can seem to get to work, is that I fetch my mail, and lose it!
Im sure many of you have some exim expertise to share, so can someone give me a quick howto, or some tips, or maybe even point me to some other info (ive google'd the hell out of it tho). ANy help would be great.

Note: I would really prefer to use maildir format, as that is what i currently have.

#2 2002-10-08 13:33:43

apeiro
Daddy
Website

Re: Exim config

The only change I had to make was the primary_hostname field in /etc/mail/exim.conf.

Try looking through your exim logs in /var/log/exim for unusual errors.

#3 2002-10-09 06:18:52

almostlucky

Re: Exim config

Ill give it a try. Thx

Board footer