You are not logged in.

#1 2004-10-12 16:32:26

dadexter
Website

Civilization Call to power

I didn't know where to post this, so I decided to post it here...

I bought the boxed version of Civ CTP for linux when it came out a few years back... It always worked under Slackware, gentoo, freebsd, debian, etc... But now I'm trying to get it to work under arch, and it doesn't work.

1) the installer doesn't work... I have to extract the tar.gz file to /usr/local/games

2) the game itself starts. I get the startup screen for the type of game, difficulty level, etc... but when I click on launch game, it crashes on me (segfault)

I'm basically wondering if anyone else would have had the same problems with that game (or other Loki titles)?

At first I thought it would have been a problem with the shared libraries. However, ldd reports the civctp binary as a non-dynamic linked binary. I remember now that the binary was static-linked so it ouldn't have problems with different versions of libSDL and stuff like that...

Anyone else have any ideas of where to look?

#2 2004-10-13 01:51:14

ganlu

Re: Civilization Call to power

Have you ever tried downgrade gcc to 3.3.x, I doubt it's a problem with gcc 3.4.2.

#3 2004-10-13 08:01:37

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

ganlu wrote:

Have you ever tried downgrade gcc to 3.3.x, I doubt it's a problem with gcc 3.4.2.

I would think glibc before gcc would be a potential issue.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2004-10-23 09:55:10

kpiche
Forum Fellow
Website

I don't have the box set but I have no problem playing the demo version on Arch.

Board footer