You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-06 00:51:40

yvonney

SCITE: adding projects - html tags (like jedit's clipper) snippets?

Hi everyone!

I really do like SciTe ... I really like JEdit though in all the tiling DMs jedit does only a small window regardless of how big the tile is... as you may know. There's some hack that might work so if anyone knows how to do the:

[you can set the following environment variable (to use the older Motif backend instead): AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit.]

that would be solution...
Though really, I'd love to get scite doing projects... ie. simply open up a bunch of files at once etc.
Also, in jedit there is an addon that is called: clipper... it's great as I can add html tags with a click... they're all there.

Then my third wish for scite is to be able to have snippets available...  no a big one that as really, I'm useing scite to manage projects that are just text mostly. And, groups of css and html.

ANY thought on jedit fix and how to do it... OR, potentially WAY better for me  >>> tricking out SciTe...???
There's one extension for scite that needs ruby... may as well use jedit is I have to use ruby for a scite feature I think.

thanks!

Last edited by yvonney (2009-02-06 00:53:22)

#2 2009-02-06 01:41:01

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: SCITE: adding projects - html tags (like jedit's clipper) snippets?

This isn't going to answer any of your questions, but have you looked into Geany? It's similar to SciTE in many ways, but does a whole lot more, including snippets and projects. I'd recommend that if you want to try it to use geany-svn and geany-plugins-svn from AUR.

#3 2009-02-06 02:22:21

yvonney

thank skottish... I had some fun with bluefish.... though it kept forgetting or rather, saving over my project layouts with some autosave thing...  didn't feel like it was for me..

my thought is that geany is similar.... eek! did I say that? I dont' know yet ...jsut a feeling...though I'm SURE going to give it a try... hmmm.... I'll see if it pulls in a ton of gnome stuff....dunno yet..

nice as ever...much appreciating the reply...keeps me thinking... hehehe

#4 2009-02-06 02:34:26

skottish
Forum Fellow

It's only dependency is GTK2 unless you want the built in terminal which requires VTE.

#5 2009-02-06 05:06:30

yvonney

building now. hey looks like geany has some scintilla in it

thank you

ooops  yaourt sillyness still due to that issue at the end

anyways

i've taken the opportunity to start figuring out how to install without yaourt via pacman...
did a kernel downgrade yesterday and am part way there
I may not have what it takes nor the time to geany tonight though...

hmmmm... funny how skills can be fine in one area and poor in others..
guess it's all about how many problems one's gotten thru..
I'm obviously a bit tired.... expect I remember to write back when I've geany'd up

Last edited by yvonney (2009-02-06 05:09:37)

#6 2009-02-06 05:19:16

yvonney

just did the current install no plugins - though  looked at the plugins menu and of the bunch there didn't seem to be one for html tags sort of a clipper that has them all available to click and enter into documents. There may be other plugins I expect though. And, it IS very nice as it's got acknowledgements to scintilla and scite at the bottom of the help...
Too tired to figure it out though happy enough...!!

Last edited by yvonney (2009-02-06 05:19:53)

#7 2009-02-06 05:23:08

yvonney

yep, trhere's a bunch more plugin and it appears two project options and html and php snippets etc. as well.... getting interesting!!! hehehe  funny me.

just did a google for

geany or bluefish

looks like geany's a go over bluefish
I recall the bluefish bunch were doing a substantial rewrite... interesting as it did seem touchy to me, though I'm not one to assume.

Last edited by yvonney (2009-02-06 05:25:41)

#8 2009-02-09 09:05:28

yvonney

Hi skottish !!

whew, thought about writing and have now found the info and the time....

The info being where I actually put:

export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

FOR JEDIT: (using the latest 4.3r16 beta) Which is my option to SciTe as it has some amazing plugins, with projects and html tags in the 'clipper' plugin .... and ...the problem is with dwm my tiling wm is oes the..'weird sized windows' thing... seems to do this with many WMs and also with all java apps.... um, generally that is.... who knows quite the extent...

long one short:

I put:
export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

in both my ~/.bashrc        and also in  the file: /etc/environment
and voila....very nice jedit!
I've read that putting the same line in   /etc/profiles might be needed or useful for some things...

Anyways.... riushing here...

I love scite, have discovered anew Geany... and will be using jedit for my ridiculously simply collections of text files until something simple that covers the  projects grouping and the html tags thing i'd like to have.

so!!!!!!

best wishes....
and now back to much crazy business again.... thanks for the fun break from it all!

Board footer