You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-09 00:05:22

zebeste

Trouble with starting xorg with ATI driver 9.1 on Arch64

I've been trying to install the 9.1 ATI proprietary driver for my RadeonHD 4870 on Arch64, and I've managed to get through most of the snags, and I think I'm down to the last one or two.  I created a xorg.conf file with Xorg -configure, and I copied it to the /etc/X11/ directory.  I then ran aticonfig --initial, which worked.  I then opened up xorg.conf, checked it, added the section for DRI with Mode 0666 as outlined in the wiki.  I also added fglrx to the modules list in rc.conf.  I then tried to use startx and got three errors:
Failed to load module "dri"
Failed to load module "glx"
Failed to load module "fglrx"

I followed the instructions in the catalyst bar/grill thread for changing the link for libdri.so to libdri.xorg from libdri.ati.  I also did a symbolic link for the fglrx_dri.so files outlined in that thread.  This managed to eliminate the "dri" error, but not the others.  I tried rebooting and then doing startx, but no change.  I've done some searching, but I haven't found anything yet, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?  Thanks

#2 2009-02-09 08:37:37

AndyRTR
Developer

Re: Trouble with starting xorg with ATI driver 9.1 on Arch64

just "pacman -S catalyst catalyst-utils" and enjoy the 8-12 driver. or watch our PKGBUILD and all other included files what they are doing.

#3 2009-02-09 14:50:10

zebeste

Re: Trouble with starting xorg with ATI driver 9.1 on Arch64

I've actually tried all of the options I could find, and only the xf86-video-ati worked right off the bat, but almost everything I use my computer for is related to 3d, so it isn't an option.  I've tried pacman -S catalyst but it didn't work, and I can't remember why, but I'll definately give it a try again later tonight when I get home.  Until then, if someone has any suggestions for the fglrx error, I managed to fix the glx one.  Thanks.

Board footer