You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-10 23:41:56

ssl6

audio conversion question

so i've spent the last few months ripping my DVD's to my server so they can be streamed over network, and protect my originals from getting damaged anymore

now i have a kind of a technical question that at is moment the answer is beyond me. i've been using dvdrip to convert them all. i was using just teh volume rescale. now i've decided i want to use the range compression filter as well, which is fine for the ones left to rip

now my question is, is there maybe an easy way to go over the ones that have been previously ripped with the range compression filter, and volume rescale, since im sure i forgot to rescale a few. the only solution i can think of right now is avidemux, but i dont know if it uses the same range compression filter, or if it matters. but as far as the rescale goes, with avidemux, im kind of left guessing what the values should be since dvdrip scans for the optimal value, if its at all optimal i dont know, but....

reason im asking is more or less because i just figured out what the range compression filter was for, i was doing some reading the other night. so far after watching one tht i ripped with it, i find i dont have to be on the remote every 5 minutes adjusting the volume, which is nice. i find it rather distracting trying to watch a movie and adjust the volume every few minutes

this is a signature

Board footer